Lower Plenty Pony Club aims to:
- encourage members to ride and learn to enjoy all approved kinds of horse sport
- provide instruction by qualified instructors in horsemanship and horse mastership
- teach members to care properly for their horse
- give members an opportunity to be involved in a Club with other people who have similar interests
- promote the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty, thereby cultivating strength of character and self discipline.
The Club has programs for junior members, adult members (ARC) and conducts a Riders Without Horses (RWOH) program.
Monthly Rallies are run under guidelines from PCV and RWOH sessions are currently held fortnightly. RWOH participants are billed for a school term and an annual fee to cover PCV insurance.